Mmm, a sandwich that melts in our mouth; not in your hands. Jen, our official book club chocolate connoisseur, shares this recipe so we can enjoy it at home too.
Country French bread or baguette
Nestle chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a loaf of good Country French bread or a French baguette into thin slices. Place slices of bread on baking pan covered with parchment.
- Brush a thin layer of olive oil on one side of each piece bread. Using a good sea salt, lightly salt each oiled side of bread.
- Divide slices in to two even groups: 1/2 of slices placed olive oil side down; 1/2 of slices place olive oil side up.
- Cover top of olive oil side down bread with Nestle chocolate chunks.
- Place all bread pieces in oven for 2-3 minutes until chocolate is melted. Place each piece of bread with "just oil" on top of the chocolate covered bread.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy.
Can also be made with chocolate layered on top of thin layer of Brie cheese.
Book club members battle over who gets the last slice of Chocolate Sandwiches while discussing spirited slices of life in The Emperors of Chocolate by Joel Glenn Brenner, Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik, and Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.