- 1¼ cups sugar
- 7 oz./200g soft almond paste
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. almond extract
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Butter a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat sugar and almond paste until the almond paste is in fine pieces. Beat in butter and vanilla. Cream mixture until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition so the eggs are thoroughly mixed in.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, and beat in just until thoroughly blended.
- Turn batter into pan, smoothing the top evenly. Bake for 1 to 1¼ hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the center feels springy when you push it gently.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes before releasing the sides of the springform pan.
Source: Alexandra’s Kitchen website